Skip to main content

Longline Giving Me a Hard Time - Freya Pandora Review in 28G


I adore how this bra looks, on the stock photos, and, to an extent, irl. It looks pretty basic from the front but it has some stunning design features that I will delve into later. However, in true Freya fashion, this bra only goes up to a 28G so it really doesn't fit me, which makes me sad.


Onto the review...


Design:



This bra works pretty well. At first you may just think it's any old embroidered black bra, but it's so much more than that.


The colours on the embroidery really jump out, they're so bright and intense! I couldn't quite catch that on camera, but take my word for it. The "stems" are plain black, so the rest of the bra doesn't look boring.



The strap embellishments are gold and black chevron-y things, they look super unique. Again, the colour didn't show up. They really are very gold. The gore trinket is a weird greyish blue though, it doesn't really go with the blue thread in my opinion.


The trim on the top of the cups and bottom of the band is just sublime. It reminds me a bit of a gardening trellis, which works well with the floral theme.


DOTS. I love these tiny dots in the mesh!

Construction:



This longline features a three part, semi-plunging (but not really) cup. I assume the gore is lower in smaller cup sizes. Sadly the longline isn't super long, coming about an inch below the bottom of the cup. I would struggle to wear a super long longline due to my high waistedness and IBS but I really would prefer more length than this. It's not boned at all, so may bunch or roll up on people - it did on me!

I'm also not really feeling the proportions of this bra. The mesh upper cup is just a bit too large in comparison to the bottom.


Unfortunately the straps are just plain black elastic (and quite wide too, a Freya standard).


And although the dotted mesh lines the cradle (the area surrounding the cups to the side seam), the back is plain black mesh. That isn't my biggest grievance, though...


4X2 HOOKS? What is this madness? I like my regular bras to have 3x3 hooks, so 4 rows is basically still a regular bra, and cutting the columns down to two just makes no sense to me. ugh.


Fit:



Bleh. It's obviously too small in the cups, but the quadboob slowly disappears as the whole bra shifts downwards.


It shifts down immediately and quite far, despite how the longlininess of it should make it more stable - I think this is caused by a combination of my boobs escaping the cups, and how it's just not got a great deal of room at the wire.


The bra has a rounded profile but it's a downwards rounded shape, that I'm really not fond of. I think in a better volume it would look more uplifted, but this bra is never going to have the silhouette of, say, a Polish half cup.


The wires are very wide, and how soft they are just exacerbates that as the band pulls them even wider.


The bra is fairly tall but allows for an even vertical fullness level, and doesn't have a huge amount of room for inner fullness.


As you can see, that gore is almost tacking but there is a lot of spillage.


The band is on the snug side but because of the ridiculous decision to only put two columns of hooks on the bra it's too loose for me on the tightest hooks.

I think the main problem with this bra is that it's just not scaled that well... the largest cup size sold in this bra is a G, and it shows. From the odd proportions to the tall and wide cups, it just seems like this size didn't have that much care put into it.


Bratabase Measurements:




Overall:


I wish this bra came in a 28GG so I could fudge the fit I like the flowers and the dots enough that I would probably deal with a too shallow bra for it. This bra would suit those with tallish but even, wide rooted, slightly shallow shapes who require a bit of depth at the bottom of the cups and at the wire, but not too much.

Have you tried a Freya plunge longline? How did it work out for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rib Cages and Bra Fitting - a Masterpost

I've realised that while there are titbits (pun intended) of information about how rib Cages can affect bra fit floating around, it's never been collated into one easy to access article. So I've tried to do that: most of the information in this post is credited to other hardworking bloggers, please check out the credits at the end to support their work! Also big thanks to my sister for the lovely diagrams. 1. Rib Cage Shapes (horizontally) There are two basic types of rib cross-sections to consider in relation to bra fitting, disregarding the sternum (we'll get onto the breastbone later): Flat vs Barrel Shaped Ribs   Flat ribs (left) - the most common rib cage shape   Barrel shaped ribs (right) - more rounded than the average rib cage shape Most bras are designed to fit best on flat ribs. If you have barrel shaped ribs , the cups of a bra may tilt outwards, meaning that you need more depth in the centre than fullness tests suggest. Wires may dig in at any point (the g...

The Gender Pay Gap - how do large British lingerie companies compare?

What is the gender pay gap? "The gender pay gap is the difference in the average hourly wage of all men and women across a workforce. If women do more of the less well paid jobs within an organisation than men, the gender pay gap is usually bigger. The gender pay gap is not the same as unequal pay which is paying men and women differently for performing the same (or similar) work. Unequal pay has been unlawful since 1970" - Gender Pay Gap Service Due to recent legislation, all employers with 250 or more employees must calculate and publish (among other things), their mean and median gender pay gaps. This has recently come into effect with April 2018 being the first time private companies have been forced to publish this data. I have taken the opportunity to go through the reports of lingerie companies and compare them by category so you can find out what these gender pay gaps are, how they compare across companies, and what each individual company has to say about it. That...

Disappointing Beauty - Cleo Piper Review in 28H

I feel like The Rock adequately sums up my feelings about this bra. I've waited for this bra for 9 months. That's how long it takes for a human to be made. From its first preview in Bras and Body Image's Cleo AW16 Preview post , my eye was caught. I must have this bra, I thought to myself. 9 months later and sadly, it was not to be. An admirable effort on Cleo's part - an unpadded longline up to a J cup? Brilliant, sign me up! Sadly it only goes up to an H cup in 28 bands but it's more than most longlines which tend to top out at G. I bought this from Bravissimo at a price of £30, though it is stocked in tons of places. Design: I usually think bows on bras are kind of overdone, but the colour makes this one stand out. I love how this bra looks. The cobalt blue will always be a favourite of mine, and I love the lime green accents. Sorry for the soft focus on this one! My phone (yes I take these pics with my phone) wasn't cooperating that day... I adore the lace t...