Skip to main content

Comfortably Stylish - A Short Review of Urkye Koalicja Serca+Granat in 34OO/OOO


I have real difficulty finding clothes that fit me due to my bust/waist sizes, so I often look at bust friendly brands as a potential solution. Unfortunately, my personal style is brightly coloured/patterned, interesting clothes and most of these brands deal in basiscs so I always leave the websites empty handed and disappointed. My perspective is: I can buy a T shirt from H&M for £3.99, I'm not concerned much about the fit. What I can't do is buy a nice dress or an interestingly designed shirt that actually sits well on me.

Urkye doesn't seem to me to be much different from other full bust brands, both in size range (it only goes up to a 44 waist size, which I believe corresponds to a UK 16, so no plus size range here) and in design. However, one dress stood out to me, and I decided to give it a try.


Success! A dress that fits me well and I enjoy wearing! The dress didn't take too long to arrive (in the UK), either, considering it came from Poland. For reference, I usually wear a 6/8 in waist sizes but have to size up multiple times to get a good fit in the bust (I usually don't though because I end up with badly fitting shoulders).



I have edited the colour of this image slightly to better portray the colours, however the other pictures are much more accurate.

This dress has a blue heart design on blue stretch cotton, and a dark blue cotton stretch skirt. While it's a little tame for my tastes, the dress is well made and the fabric is quite high quality -it's thick and opaque, though it's not sticky or hot.


It fits very well, though I would prefer it to be slightly snugger around my waist and a tiny bit larger in the bust - it doesn't look like a bad fit though, so it's all right. It fits well across my shoulders and the sleeves aren't too tight (something I struggle with in many clothes).


The dress is well sewn with neat seams inside and out. I like how the boat neck doesn't show my bra straps, most dresses would. It's not something I care about particularly but I think it does elevate an outfit.


The skirt is just a bit too long for my preference, coming in at an inch or so below my knee (I'm about 5'3 for reference), and I intend to get it hemmed.

You can see the slight bagginess around my back/waist, with adjustment it goes away mostly but not entirely.
All in all, I definitely believe this dress was worth its price, and I would absolutely buy again from Urkye if they had more garments that suited my taste!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rib Cages and Bra Fitting - a Masterpost

I've realised that while there are titbits (pun intended) of information about how rib Cages can affect bra fit floating around, it's never been collated into one easy to access article. So I've tried to do that: most of the information in this post is credited to other hardworking bloggers, please check out the credits at the end to support their work! Also big thanks to my sister for the lovely diagrams. 1. Rib Cage Shapes (horizontally) There are two basic types of rib cross-sections to consider in relation to bra fitting, disregarding the sternum (we'll get onto the breastbone later): Flat vs Barrel Shaped Ribs   Flat ribs (left) - the most common rib cage shape   Barrel shaped ribs (right) - more rounded than the average rib cage shape Most bras are designed to fit best on flat ribs. If you have barrel shaped ribs , the cups of a bra may tilt outwards, meaning that you need more depth in the centre than fullness tests suggest. Wires may dig in at any point (the g...

The Gender Pay Gap - how do large British lingerie companies compare?

What is the gender pay gap? "The gender pay gap is the difference in the average hourly wage of all men and women across a workforce. If women do more of the less well paid jobs within an organisation than men, the gender pay gap is usually bigger. The gender pay gap is not the same as unequal pay which is paying men and women differently for performing the same (or similar) work. Unequal pay has been unlawful since 1970" - Gender Pay Gap Service Due to recent legislation, all employers with 250 or more employees must calculate and publish (among other things), their mean and median gender pay gaps. This has recently come into effect with April 2018 being the first time private companies have been forced to publish this data. I have taken the opportunity to go through the reports of lingerie companies and compare them by category so you can find out what these gender pay gaps are, how they compare across companies, and what each individual company has to say about it. That...

Deep n Wide - Not Another Tutti Rouge Nichole Review in 28G

I'm gonna admit to being a hipster here - I wanted to review this bra  before  it was cool! And then I ended up procrastinating in both buying the bra and reviewing it, go me. (I have procrastinated SO MUCH guys, I bought this bra in September and now it's November!) I snagged the Nichole off brastop for £15, found a discount code online which took off 11% from that, and paid £3.95 shipping, bringing the total to £17.30. Nice. However I have recently become aware of some really body shaming tweets made by brastop's twitter account so I will no longer be purchasing from that site. After seeing other people say how deep it runs, I went down to a 28G and I'm glad I did! Design: This bra was advertised as ~~powder blue~~ so I was expecting a pale, slightly more turqoisey than baby blue, colour but still definitely blue. What arrived was a distinctively turquoise bra. To be fair the colour looks nicer on than just laying flat but be aware that it is definitely not powder blu...